Who Benefits From Volunteering?
United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region envisions a community united to create better opportunities for all. It is our responsibility to bring communities together and to create opportunities for service. An area of focus for United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region going forward is to enhance the state of volunteerism within our community’s businesses and private companies - and we need your support!
We are seeking to create a culture of employee volunteer excellence throughout Dutchess and Orange counties. After all, workplace volunteering benefits more than just the community. When strategically integrated within business operations, Employee Volunteer Programs can offer a number of benefits to a business, employees, and the community in which the business operates.
- Help those in need
- Increase sense of self-worth and personal pride
- Build group loyalty and company loyalty (teambuilding)
- Expand awareness of community issues
- Strengthen leadership skills and develop personally
- Constructs a healthy work environment
- Creates visibility and forms relationships in the community
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Boosts employee morale
- Receives valuable help from volunteers
- Becomes stronger, healthier and more vibrant