Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Health Care Volunteer - Orange Regional Medical Center (ORMC)
Become a part of the Orange Regional Family - Volunteer!
Orange Regional Medical Center (ORMC) offers a friendly environment and a broad range of opportunities to its volunteers. Our volunteers provide invaluable assistance to our patients, visitors and staff throughout our facilities. Orange Regional volunteers use their special talents to contribute to the well-being of our community.
ORMC offers more than 100 volunteer assignments in medical and support areas throughout the hospital and outpatient facilities. If you are you are not sure about how you may fit in, contact us and we can help you choose an opportunity based on your background and experience. A few examples of our assignments are below:
- Surgical Waiting Area
- Emergency Department
- Front Desk Reception and Greeters
- Gift Shop and Hospitality Cart
- Art and Activity Cart
- Pet Therapy
- Magnet Certification Support
ORMC is so proud to work with more than 400 dedicated and engaged volunteers from across Orange County, the Hudson Valley, and beyond. We look for volunteers committed to our mission of improving the health of our community by providing exceptional healthcare. To become an ORMC Volunteer, there are several requirements which in include the following:
- A minimum commitment of 60 service hours;
- A commitment of one four (4) hour shift per week;
- All applicants must attend a mandatory new volunteer information session and orientation, receive medical clearance, adult applicant must complete and clear a background screening;
- All volunteers are required to participate in department specific training and annual education.
Our Required Time Commitment Is As Follows:
- We ask for a minimum commitment of one four-hour block of time each week.
- It is the same assignment, day of the week and time.
- We require a minimum commitment of 60 service hours (not including education and training hours) before leaving the program.
We accept applications on a rolling basis. If you are interested in joining the ORMC Volunteer Team, please complete the application and brief questionnaire (follow the link from our website, https://www.ormc.org/giving/volunteer). You will be contacted when we begin the on-boarding process and your application has been reviewed.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: