Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Literacy Connections of the Hudson Valley
- Literacy Connections is a private, not-for-profit, 501(c) (3) organization committed to helping adults and families become functionally literate.
- The organization works with the lowest literacy level adults in Dutchess, Columbia, Greene and Orange Counties.
- Our core program is to help adults to learn to read and write, and function independently.
- We recruit and train volunteers to provide one-to-one and small group tutoring that is student-centered.
- The agency is administered by a small staff and a large volunteer base. We welcome volunteers to become tutors, to read to children, to help in the office, to assist with community events, or holiday gift wrapping at local bookstores, and a variety of other projects all designed to help people to read, write, and reach their potential.
- Volunteers attend an Orientation and a free online tutor training.
** For more information about becoming a volunteer with Literacy Connections of the Hudson Valley, please contact: Link: http://www.literacyconnections.org/volunteer-resources-and-forms/for-volunteers/ E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (845) 522-8986 or (845) 341-5460
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: